Entries until January 15, 2013 on Flickr
We invite you to take part in the Carl Zeiss Photo Contest 2012. Starting today and until January 15, 2013, anyone can submit a picture that has been taken with a ZEISS lens. It does not matter if the image has been created with an SLR reflex camera or a Nokia smartphone with a built-in ZEISS lens. (Terms of participation).
“The moment that knows no limits” is the motto of the Carl Zeiss Photo Contest 2012. There are moments in life when suddenly everything is possible. In such a moment, nothing can hold you back – no routine, no comfort, no walls and no boundaries in this world. “We want to see moments that are so full of energy that they create room for something completely new,” explains Martin Dominicus, Head of Marketing at Carl Zeiss.
Such moments can happen anywhere in the world and in all areas of life, for example:
- You or another person transcends a boundary that seemed insurmountable
- The moment in which a door opens to a new world
- The moment in which someone finally achieves a long-cherished wish
- The moment in which someone rises above himself/herself or something can achieve much more than you believed
- A moment of intense joy in which everything turns out OK.
“We intentionally chose to keep the theme relatively open so that photographers can interpret it in very different and creative ways. We are very curious what we will receive,” says Dominicus.
As in 2011, the contest can be followed on Flickr, the online photo community. Participants should upload their best image to the theme “The moment that knows no limits” on OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group on Flickr and tag it with the keyword ZEISSContest2012.
How it works
1. If you do not have an account with Flickr, you can create one here: http://www.flickr.com/signup/
(Note: Due to technical reasons at Flickr, photos of new members might be added to the group with a time lag.)
2. Join the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group at: http://www.flickr.com/groups/carlzeisslenses
3. Tag your photo with the required keywords for lens, mount and topic.
Example: “Distagon T* 2,8/15“, ZE, Portrait
A list of the official Carl Zeiss tags can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/carlzeisslenses
4. Tag the picture you want to submit for this contest with the keyword “ZEISSContest2012”.
5. Upload the image to the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group.
Important! Only pictures that fulfill the following requirements will take part in the contest:
- The image has the correct tag for the lens that was used (z.B. “Distagon T* 2,8/15“).
- The image has the tag: “ZEISSContest2012”.
- The image has been uploaded by the photographer to the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group and has been accepted in the pool by our administrators.
- The photographer has tagged only ONE picture with “ZEISSContest2012” and has uploaded the image into the group. If you submit multiple images, none of them will be considered. We expect participants to select their best image and to submit only that picture.
After January 15, a jury with Carl Zeiss employees and professional photographers will select the best images and nominate the photographers for the shortlist. The jury will evaluate both the idea behind the image as well as the execution. The jury will in particular look for images that have been consciously composed and that play with photographic stylistic elements. The most prominent jury member will be the light artist and photographer JanLeonardo Woellert. He knows all about moments that cannot hold him back: In his images, Woellert extends the boundaries of perception, sometimes even walking through fire. Woellert is the recipient of the “German Prize for Scientific Photography.” His clients include well-known global brands and pop bands.
The jury will award the highest amount of points to images that have been consciously composed and in which one can recognize a story. From the jury’s shortlist, the Flickr community will be invited to select the ten best photographers. The images that receive the most “favorites” on Flickr will win.
1st prize: The latest rangefinder (ZM) or SLR lens (ZE or ZF.2) of the winner’s choice* as well as matching Carl Zeiss T* UV filter, Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit and Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap
2nd prize: Carl Zeiss cinemizer OLED, Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit and Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap
3rd prize: Sony DSC-RX100 camera and Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
4th prize: Nokia Lumia 920 smartphone
5th prize: Logitech TV Cam, Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap, Carl Zeiss knapsack, Carl Zeiss watch und Carl Zeiss umbrella
6th – 10th prizes: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap, Carl Zeiss knapsack, Carl Zeiss watch, Carl Zeiss umbrella and Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
*except for the Distagon T* 2,8/15 ZM